Saturday, June 1, 2013

Do You Appreciate Your Employees?

Over the last 2 weeks, I have a new appreciation for employers that take care of their employees.  I work part-time (1 or 2 days a week) at WAWA.  It is fun and I love interacting with the public.  I should have known right from the beginning that they were a good company/ store.  When I was interviewed, I explained that I was a Direct Sales consultant and needed flexibility including the fact that I needed every Monday and Tuesday off to spend time with my hubby.  After I set out all my "limits", they hired me and welcomed me with open arms.  I started in January and over the last few months have averaged about 2 days a week. 

When my hubby got sick, I called the GM and explained that I needed that 1 night off that I was scheduled.  She granted it to me and after she heard why I couldn't work, she offered me a leave of absence to take care of things.  Over the last 2 weeks, I have kept Christine posted and she has been very understanding.  Last Friday, when I came home from the hospital - a basket of flowers were delivered. Just what I needed after a long week and the start of a long holiday weekend knowing that my hubby was staying in the hospital.  When I called to thank her - the response "I take care of my girls".  

After having a procedure on Tuesday, Rob came home from the hospital last night.  When I got up this morning, at the front door was a box from "Internal Care" at WAWA.  They sent me a thinking of you gift - 2 Timberline fleece blankets with a handwritten note.  WOW!

The kindness showed by WAWA and their staff made me realize that it is important that I do things like this for my team/ downline.  Okay, so I am not saying that I need to go to a big expense to show my appreciation but even small random acts of kindness can mean the most to some people.  

When you are a Direct Sales consultant and have a team - you are like an EMPLOYER.  You need to remember that without them, you would not have your title or some of your income.  Show them you care - send a card, send a candy bar, post some kind words on Facebook - just let them know you are thinking about them. 

Random acts of kindness can make a person's day - Have a ThirtyOne-derful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment