Friday, May 31, 2013

The Business Slump

As a direct seller,  I am always hesitant to share that my business is in a slump.  Why is that?  Don't want to discourage potential recruits? Fear of what people will think? I have fell victim to all of these thoughts.  I have even wondered if joining an additional direct sales company would help.  I went so far as to start looking at other companies and how I could combine them with my first LOVE, my current DS company.  

A wise friend, Maggie Cacchione gave me some great pearls of wisdom - "Everyone has their own nitch. It's what they are passionate about. People look for passion. I believe you have to be committed to your company."  WOW!  I LOVE my current DS company and when I pause to really think about it - I can't imagine being anywhere else. 

Yes, my business was in a slump but I needed to really look at why that was... 1) I didn't pick up the phone to do follow-up so I could book more parties so that I could keep my business going.  2) I was living on a pink cloud of new recruits and a great previous month, so I worked my business like a hobby this month and guess what - I got hobby results.  As long as I work my business, God has provided a way for me to be successful in his time.  Truth be told, I couldn't have handled a busy month with my business while I was dealing with hubby's health issues.  The stress would have been too much.  My June calendar is full so I am blessing and releasing the slump.

So, today, I admit my business has slumps but don't all businesses.  Does it mean I close up shop and move on because of a bad day or two?  NO!  Does it mean that I look for another business?  NO!  I look at what I am passionate about and get back to work.  Get back to the basics of talking to 3 people a day about my business, booking 6 parties a month and finding 1 new recruit each month.  That is what got me promoted to Director, so I know that it works.

Is your business in a slump? Have you thought about moving on or adding another DS company?  Determine if you have done everything you can to work your business as a business.  Get creative.  Reach out to people sharing your product and how it can help them. 

As for me, I am not letting a business slump take me away from my passion.  I mean really, could you ever imagine me in anything but hot pink and black.  Have a ThirtyOne-derful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment