Sunday, June 30, 2013

Get into Action

Sundays for me (or at least that is my goal) is a day of rest and reflection.  It is a time for me to recharge my battery for the week ahead - mentally, physically and spiritually.  

On Friday night, I had the opportunity to co-host a Celebrate and Connect (Thirty One's bi-monthly consultant meeting/ training).  There I was able to connect with old friends while making some new ones.    This is part of the devotion that I started with as our theme was "Get into Action"

Hebrews 11:1 
“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen.” 

What does faith mean to you? 
  • Faith in Electric Company. Proof? Flip the switch! Faith confirmed. Can you all agree with me that unless you FLIP the switch it’d not going anywhere for you?
  • Faith in the Water Department? Proof? Turn the nozzle! Faith confirmed.  Can you all agree unless you turn on the faucet water will not drip from the spout?
  • Faith in your Car Keys? Proof? Turn the key in the ignition! Faith confirmed.  Can you all agree that unless you put the key in the ignition and turn that key your car will not go anywhere?
  • Faith in that alarm clock? Proof? It woke you up this morning! Faith confirmed.  Can you all agree with me unless you SET the alarm, it will not wake you up?
Faith without works is dead. We can all have faith…but unless you work to get what you want…it’s dead.

I ENCOURAGE you all: 
Let’s FLIP our SWITCH. TURN ON our Faucets. Put the KEY in the Ignition. & SET our alarm clocks.  We CAN GET INTO ACTION in our business and make our dreams come alive.


God has a plan for you and no matter who your Higher Power is or what you call him - you need to do the footwork.  What does faith mean to you?  What do you have faith in?  Are you ready to follow the plan of your Higher Power even if you don't know what the results will be?

As for me, I will reflect on my faith today so that I can hopefully listen and act on God's plan for me in the upcoming week.  Rest, Recharge and get ready for the week...

Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment