Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Blogging - Share What You are Learning

Since I was challenged almost 2 months ago - thank you Vanessa Coppes, I have been asked by lots of people why I do it, how I do it and most of all my favorite question "will people read it?".  

Why I started is because it was a challenge that had an accountability factor to it.  I have read many blogs  and enjoyed them but always thought it was something for "other" people to do.  I was curious about blogging and had always wanted to start one.  So, when Vanessa Coppes  challenged me to write for 30 days - I was ready to take the challenge.  Now, my why is to get all of the "stuff" that is in my head out.  I used to tell new employees who wanted me to share everything that I knew - just keep asking questions because I don't know what is in my head.  Sometimes I amaze myself.

How I do it is just by writing like I would talk to someone.  Sometimes I write about personal struggles or business tips that I read or just sharing some amazing personal development items.  I make notes on my planner on topics (words or phrases) that will motivate me to write when I get stuck.  I just read an article by Belinda Ellsworth  that talked about sharing what you are learning so that you can remember it better.  What a great way to start blogging?  As you learn something - share it.  Of course some of my learning lessons seem like they should be no-brainers but I am a slow learner.  I always say that is because I am OLD, you know creeping towards that Senior Citizen classification. 

Will people read it?  I am still amazed (and humbled) that people actual read my blog.  The numbers may not be great but it is the emails and the comments that are shared on a personal basis that touch my heart.  No, you may not become a professional blogger.  No, you may not have thousands of readers.  What you may have are friends, family, employees, team members or followers who not only read what you write but will share it.  I share my blog on Facebook for all to see.  Most people don't comment on the blog publicly but they do write me or tell me when they see me about something I wrote and how it helped them.  It is the person in Weight Watchers who is inspired to keep going.  It is the team member who finds encouragement or an idea to help their business.  That is who I am writing my blog for.  

The direct selling business is all about building relationships and I am building relationships every day through my blog.  Some people I already know while others are learning who I am.  When all is said and done, if I have helped one person to smile or get through a day - my job is done.  What do you have to share?  Remember it takes 21-days for something to become a habit - so try it everyday for 30 days.  Then, if you want, do it weekly.  Try it.  Don't let fear stop you from building relationships or sharing your knowledge.  Believe me you probably have more to share then you think - I know I am finding out that I do.

Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment