Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day has many meanings for me, for I am blessed to be a daughter, a step-daughter and a MOM!

To my mom, Joan, we have had our rough spots over the years but I think every mom and daughter do.  You have stuck by me through thick and thin, good times and bad with LOTS of great memories along the way.   As a child, you were there to guide and support me.  You were at all of my activities and our door was always open to my friends - no matter how late the hour.  Through my college years, you came to visit and was there to support me.  As I grew up, we were still close but my addiction years put a strain on our relationship.  I am sorry for the hurt I caused for it wasn't a personal thing it was more about the addiction.  I am grateful that now we have a friendship in addition to a mother/daughter relationship.

To my step-mom, Patti.  I am grateful that we have become closer.  Honestly for many years, I wasn't sure how I fit in but through it all, you were there with open arms.  We don't see each other or talk often but I know that you are always there if I need you.

To my daughter, Belinda who makes MY Mother's Day so special.  They say you never know what it means to be a mom until you have a child - I agree 100%.  I now understand why my mom put up with everything (the good, the bad & the ugly) all of those years.  My daughter is my heart.  It was "you and me, kid" for most of your life and I wouldn't change it for the world.  Being a single mom had its struggles but with the love and support of family and friends we made it.  I couldn't be prouder of the woman that you have become.  As a child, you were a challenge - having your own opinion and questioning everything but you helped me to grow as a person too.  

To those who have lost their moms, cherish the memories.  To those who have a strained relationship with them, reach out, re-connect - bless and move on - for you don't want to live with regrets when they are gone.  Celebrate Mother's Day with your mom and with those who have been like a mom.  

Have a ThirtyOne-derful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment