Sunday, May 26, 2013

Are Your Dreams Taking Flight?

I have been taking part in a training program, Super Star University, that is being offered by my Director, Hope Shortt.  I feel like I am back in college with a weekly class lecture, homework and practical tips to help me in my business but also in my life...

This week, we were talking about sharing the opportunity of our business with others while reaching for our dreams.  One of the things that was shared was the "5 Reasons that Our Dreams Don't Take Flight".  I have to admit that I have fallen into several of these traps, what about you?

  1. Discouraged to follow your dream by others.  WOW!  For those of us in Direct Sales, I am sure it happens ALOT or at least for me it does.  It is those well-meaning people who continually challenge and question if we can reach our goals.  They are especially discouraging when you have a slow month.  Be determined to follow YOUR dream.
  2. Hindered by past disappointment or hurt.  Although I had never pursued a career with a direct sales company, I did sign up with a lot of them.  Your past disappointment is exactly that the PAST!  Learn from it, grow and move on!
  3. Fall into the habit of being average.  For me, this happens when I start to compare my business/ life to others.  It provides the negative nellie an opportunity to squash the dreams that I have.  I honestly don't remember dreaming much when I was younger about "what I wanted" or "where I wanted to be" which makes dreaming today hard for me.  I use my vision board to help me with this on a daily basis.
  4. Lack of confidence to pursue your dreams.  This one was written just for me!  I have lacked self-confidence for much of my life for various reasons steaming back to high school.  The "business me" is confident and ready to take on the world but the Hope that dreams is working on rebuilding that confidence.  I have been blessed with leaders, new friends and colleagues who are helping me along the way.
  5. Lack imagination to dream.  I guess sometimes that is me too.  I get trapped in the reality of what life is like and forget about dreaming.  You know those day dreams where you look out at the sky and just think of all of the things you want or want to do.  
Are your dreams taking flight?  Have a hard time keeping them in sight - try a vision board or pictures in plain sight so you are constantly reminded what those dreams are...Share your dreams or how you keep them in flight... Have a ThirtyOne-derful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment