Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Bittersweet Day

WOW!  That kind of sums up yesterday for me - overwhelming happy, a little nervous & grateful.  

No, the overwhelmingly happy wasn't that I reached my Weight Watcher's goal but that I lost 2 pounds in a week when I wasn't sure I was going to loose anything.  At weigh in, after my look of total surprise at a 2 pound loss, I OFFICIALLY set my goal weight of 146 (the top of the scale for my little 5' 4" height).  I am just about 8 pounds away!  Talk about shocked.  Okay, so that was the goal all along but in the back of my mind, I don't think I ever really thought I would reach it.  Call me a "negative nellie" but I could never see myself there.  This is actually possible - I could celebrate TWO of my goals - walking across stage at National Conference as Director (goal completed, just need to walk) AND my goal weight.  Now to make sure that I don't self-sabotage the track to goal weight.  

Rob and I headed to the cardiologist for his emergency appointment.  He allowed me to come into the room so that I could hear things for myself from the doctor (a praise in itself).  They found fluid on his lungs as a result of some sort of "cardiac failure" but they can't determine the extent until they finish some more tests.  THEN, a decision will be made about surgery.  Can I tell you how angry I was at the GP for his "surgery NOW attitude"?  I really liked that the cardiologist spent time with us talking about all of the options and laying out a plan that will happen quickly but is manageable.  A script of lasix has already reduced some of the fluid which allowed hubby to sleep through the night - the first time in over a week.  Last night, he was even able to finish a sentence without loosing his breath - another victory.  Yes, we still have tests (EKO on Tuesday, stress on Wednesday) and he is wearing a heart halter for 24 hours ending today but there is not a feeling of panic.  Prayers are still needed because I believe that they will work!

To top it off, even though I had a "senior moment" - I prefer to call is that instead of a "fear/doubt" moment - I was able to enroll in an amazing training program to grow my business called "Super Star University" offered by my Director, Hope Shortt.  This is my time to grow, change my mindset and hopefully be an inspiration to others, especially those on my team.

I am grateful for the path that God is leading me on.  I know that I stray many days looking for quick & easy ways to make my business a success or thinking it will take care of itself but when I lean on God to guide me - all things are possible.  Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Have a ThirtyOne-derful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment