Sunday, May 19, 2013

Five Ways to be Unforgettable

Making a lasting impression is one of the best ways to be unforgettable.  Now for me, most people know me as "the bag lady" always in HOT PINK and black.  Some may add the word crazy with that while others talk about the positive experience they had when they held their home party.  I always used to say "I don't care how they talk about me, as long as they are talking about me".  Okay, maybe not the best thing in business but even if they are worried about what I am doing to grow my business, it means that I am making an impression.  I didn't start out wanting to make a lasting impression or even giving it much thought, in fact, I thought most people thought I was just plain silly.    

Without even knowing it or meaning to, I have used some of these top five tips: 

  1. Maintain a positive attitude.  At vendor shows, they usually say that I am "too bubbly for the early morning".  At parties, I love to make people smile so if I am smiling it is a little hard for them not to catch the positive waves.  I believe in and LOVE the products that I sell.  I also love sharing solutions with potential customers.  
  2. Use logic in your presentation.  I think I do this.  Basically, you want to present facts and reasons into your party presentation.  I do this by sharing the multiple uses that not only the company provides but also those I have gathered from my customers.    
  3. Tap into emotions.  This is easy to do not only for me but for my customers when they find the "perfect" solution to their organizational problem.
  4. Be concise.  or  as I would say "K.I.S.S." (Keep It Simple Sweetie).  I use a basic script or outline during my parties to keep me on track so that I can keep them simple and fun.
  5. End with a creative idea that has impact or something visually powerful.  The way I deliver my parties to each hostess is the "WOW" impact that I love to share.  Each order is sorted, bagged & tied with a bow, tagged with the customer's name, has a thank you note, and a frequent buyer card attached to their receipt from the company.  It may take me a few minutes more to do this but it is well worth the lasting impression that it makes on my hostesses and the customers that attended her party.
Are you using any of these tips to make yourself unforgettable?  The key is to truly believe in what you are presenting/ selling and put your own pitch to it.  What are some of the things that make you unforgettable.  I would love to have you share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment