Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The V-8 Moment

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"  Hebrews 11:1

WOW!  I feel like I have been in a "V-8" commercial the last few days.  You know the one where the person hits themselves on the forehead and says "should have had a V-8".  The only difference is that God is asking me "Do you truly BELIEVE and have FAITH to walk the path that I have set aside for you?  Powerful questions that really got me to thinking about the alternate routes that I have been taking over the last several months...

I believe that there is a plan for all of us and despite the fact that we may veer off the road, we will get to the ultimate destination if we truly trust and believe.  Having had the V-8 moment on Saturday, went to Church on Sunday only to hear that the sermon was on FAITH!  I was definitely in the right place.  Pastor said a few things that really hit home:

  • It is not a matter of what we say we believe but what we do that indicates what we truly believe.  I need to not only talk about the walk but I need to walk the walk.
  • What we truly believe effects the way in which we live our life.  If we truly believe and have faith, we will not bail out when the going gets tough.
The last thing was his "department store" story.  Faith is like a department store.  First you have to enter in the building or make a conscience decision to have faith in a higher power.  Once you have made that choice, you check out all that is offered on the ground floor before you are ready to move up to the next floor or grow deeper in your faith.  See there is always more to learn and understand if we are only willing to grow.  Sometimes though we get stuck on a floor and are not willing to grow - this is me lately - stuck on a floor because of FEAR.  

My two biggest struggles: 1) reaching my goal weight and 2) becoming successful in my direct sales business.  

Over a year ago, I left my full-time job with the goal of having a thriving direct sales business and not ever going back to work for someone else again.  In January, a touch of fear hit me and instead of praying, believing or having faith - I took a part time job.  I enjoy the people and it is only 1 or 2 nights a week but the reality is that it is just a crutch for me.  The nights that I used to work my business with training, customer calls, etc. is now spent at a part-time job.  The only nights that I am actually off are when I have booked parties/ events or when my hubby is off.  Let me tell you this was definitely a V-8 moment. 

So what alternate route are you taking?  Do you have reasons/ excuses why you needed to veer off the path, heading in another direction for the moment?  Acknowledge those FEARS and find FAITH in your higher power BELIEVING that he will bring you through whatever it is you are afraid of.  

Have a ThirtyOne-derful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment